Pumpkin Spice Reviews

’Tis the season for pumpkin spice.  Before you go to the store in an excited shopping spree for pumpkin spice flavored everything, here are some of the tastiest items on the market and a couple you shouldn’t waste your money on.

Pumpkin Spice Hersheys Kisses

My test kitchen and I were very excited about these.  What could be better than pumpkin spice and chocolate?  Apparently, a lot of things.  These were overflowing with pumpkin spice flavor, making them unpleasantly spicy.  These could have worked with a bit less of the beloved fall flavoring.

Rating: 3/10

Pumpkin Spice Oreos

Although at first bite, these tasted like a wonderful handheld pumpkin pie, after eating four of these, I never wanted to eat an Oreo again.  They looked promising, the Golden Oreo cookies encasing a lovely pumpkin spice cream center.  However, because I could get the same effect by eating a cup of straight sugar, I cannot recommend them.

Rating: 5/10

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte

This one was difficult because of the stereotype surrounding this autumnal hot beverage.  It was rather disappointing.  There was a lack of pumpkin taste, and, quite frankly, the whipped cream tasted better than the coffee.  A much better recommendation would be apple cider flavored anything.

Rating: 2/10

If the cup was filled with more whipped cream: 3/10

Pumpkin Spice Cheerios

This was by far the best tasting pumpkin spice product.  They had a distinct pumpkin pie flavor that was well balanced compared to the overbearing flavor of the latte or Kisses.  I wish these could be bought year round.

Rating: 10/10

Uncategorized